Postings on this site are a service to our members and the information contained within was provided by the member.
The California Association of Harbor Masters & Port Captains posts this information in good faith and accepts no responsibility for its content or accuracy.
Chief Harbor Patrol Officer
Port San Luis Harbor District
Recruitment: Port San Luis Harbor District is seeking qualified applicants for the position of Chief Harbor Patrol Officer. Under direction of Harbor Manager, The Chief Harbor Patrol Officer manages the public safety functions of the Port; leads and supervises the Harbor Patrol and Lifeguard departments; develops and implements enforcement programs and policies; provides landside and waterside patrol to the Port; prepares and administers division budget; and acts as primary liaison to the County Office of Emergency Services and related entities (for example, the Coastal Incident Response Team, Area Maritime Security Committee). This is a fully armed, sworn peace officer position. The annual salary range for this position is $6,148 to $7,421/month. Full benefits include medical, dental, life, and CalPERS retirement.
For a complete job description and application requirements, please visit the Harbor District’s website at http://www.portsanluis.com/employment/chief-harbor-patrol-officer/ . All application materials must be received by 4:30 pm, Thursday, September 11, 2014.
Deputy Harbor Master
Santa Cruz Port District
The Santa Cruz Port District is seeking qualified applicants for the position of Deputy Harbormaster.
Under direction of Harbormaster, Assistant Harbormaster, and Senior Harbormaster, the Deputy Harbormaster enforces laws, regulations, ordinances and rules relating to use of the Santa Cruz Harbor. The deputy harbormaster position is a fully armed, sworn peace officer position. The annual salary range for this position is $3,650 to $4,850/month. Full benefits include medical, dental, life, long-term disability insurance, and CalPERS retirement.
For a complete job description and application requirements, please visit the Port District’s website at www.santacruzharbor.org All application materials must be received by the Santa Cruz Port District by 5:00 pm, Thursday, July 3, 2014.
Office of Community Investment & Infrastructure
Successor to the San Francisco Redevelopment Agency
Job Title: Harbor Attendant – LTA (Limited Term Assignment – 24 to 40 per week)
Biweekly Salary: $1895 – $2303 (Bi-Weekly)
Final Filing Date: June 30, 2014 – COB
The Successor Agency is seeking an experienced Harbor Attendant. This position will be responsible for routine maintenance and repair at the South Beach Harbor. Duties and tasks include conducting preventative maintenance and repair to pier floats, pilings, breakwater structures, buildings, lavatories, landscaping, walkways, parking lots, equipment, tools, and vehicles, ensuring that all grounds are free of trash and debris, maintain lavatories for cleanliness and working order, assists Harbor security, correct any substandard situation or safety hazard as required, maintains supply inventory, monitor the marine VHF radio and respond using correct radio procedures, and provide good customer service to the public. This position reports to the Assistant Harbor Master.
The work schedule includes one weekend day each week.
Minimum qualifications include two years of responsible experience in the maintenance of a marina or similar facilities. Graduation from high school, experience in boat yard construction and possession a valid California driver’s license. Experience in carpentry, plumbing, electrical work, welding, boat building and/or rigging is desirable.
Applicants must submit and complete an application packet consisting of a Successor to the San Francisco Redevelopment Agency Job Application, Resume, and Cover Letter. Materials can be found at http://www.sfredevelopment.org/ Job Opportunities.
Packets must be mailed to:
Office of Community Investment and Infrastructure
Successor to the San Francisco Redevelopment Agency
Human Resources Department – Attn: April Ward
1 South Van Ness Avenue – 5th Floor
San Francisco, CA 94103
Failure to submit all requested materials by the deadline will result in rejection of the application.
FAX or emailed copies are not accepted.
Job Type: Seasonal
Location: San Francisco, CA
Post Date: 04/24/2014
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES: The Marina Maintenance Worker will be responsible for general repair and safety of all marina facilities and docks. The ideal candidate will possess working knowledge and experience with operating work boats, power tool operations and construction. The ideal candidate will also possess CPR certification and / or other relevant water safety / rescue experience.
• Work under the direction of the Marina Maintenance Supervisor to perform all duties pertinent to the repair and maintenance and safety of all marina facilities and docks according to standard operation procedures and policies as set forth by the Marina Manager
• Provides repair, maintenance, refurbishment and construction of dock fingers and walkways
• Performs routine repairs, maintenance and replacement of dock side mechanical, electrical, and plumbing systems
• Provides emergency response for immediate dock repairs or maintenance
• Tows tenant boats and debris as directed by Marina Maintenance Supervisor
• Ability to operate and tow with the marina patrol/work boats
• Good communication and customer service skills
• Basic knowledge and experience with power tool operations and construction
• Must have valid California driver’s license and proof of insurability
• Must be able to pass pre-employment drug screening
• Must be able to swim
• Must be able to respond calmly and think clearly in emergency situations
• Some overtime and weekend work
• Willingness to participate in all training pertinent to the position
• Current skills, knowledge and proven experience to perform all the above duties and responsibilities
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Strong command of the English language
• Must be CPR and First Aid certified