Postings on this site are a service to our members and the information contained within was provided by the member.
The California Association of Harbor Masters & Port Captains posts this information in good faith and accepts no responsibility for its content or accuracy.
Dana West Marina
A key responsibility is enforcement of marina rules and regulations utilizing diplomatic and helpful communication skills. Ability to work outdoors for duration of work shift is required. After-hours on-call availability.
A minimum of three years management/construction/customer service experience required. Applicant will be subject to pre-hire physical and drug screening. References/resume verified. Send resume, introductory cover letter and salary history to KellyR@DanaWestMarina.com
Company Website: www.DanaWestMarina.com
Final Filing Date: April 27, 2015, 5:00 p.m.
The City of Berkeley is currently seeking applications from highly qualified individuals for Marina Assistant. This classification is located in the Parks, Recreation, and Waterfront Department.
Under general supervision, patrols the Berkeley Marina and adjacent dock and ground areas for the prevention of theft, vandalism, and hazardous conditions; performs boat towing and rescue operations; performs office clerical and custodial duties and related work assigned. Typical duties may include:
• Patrols and inspects docks and adjacent facilities for hazardous conditions, leaking boats; clears marina of debris;
• Operates outboard skiffs, patrol boats, trucks and a variety of equipment including pumps, siphons and hand tools;
• Operates and monitors UHF/VHF radio equipment, notifies police and fire departments and other agencies to respond to emergencies;
• Responds to emergency situations to rescue persons and disabled vessels in the water or provide first aid;
• Performs minor maintenance on the skiff and patrol boat; performs custodial duties in the absence of assigned maintenance staff;
• Pumps excessive amounts of water from docked boats; may raise sinking boats depending on their size; may tow boats to another location, using a second boat and notifies berthers of problems with their vessels;
• Answers questions from Marina patrons and the general public about berthing, current weather conditions and marina procedures;
• Enforces rules, regulations and ordinances pertaining to the Marina;
• Maintains records and accounts in conjunction with other Marina staff and prepares a variety of written/records and reports;
• Rents berths and lockers and provides other services to berthers as requested; secures gates and collects receipts from coin box;
• May pick up litter and debris from grounds as necessary.
To apply and for more information about this opening, please visit our website at http://agency.governmentjobs.com/berkeley, no later than Monday, April 27th at 5:00 p.m. (PST).
Chief Harbor Patrol Officer
Port San Luis Harbor District
This is a fully armed, sworn peace officer position. The annual salary range for this position is $6,225 – $7,800/month. Full benefits include CalPERS Safety retirement and medical, dental, and vision insurance. Also included are paid sick leave, paid vacation, 11 paid holidays per year; life insurance and a cell phone allowance. The District participates in Social Security.
For a complete job description and application requirements, please visit the Harbor District’s website at http://www.portsanluis.com/employment/chief-harbor-patrol-officer
All application materials must be received by 4:30 pm, Thursday, May 1, 2015.
Deadline for accepting Applications is March 2nd
Port Police Officer
Los Angeles Port Police